My Weight Loss Progress

Friday, May 20, 2011

Size Lament


I've been thinking about losing weight, but I've got some cute clothes now and I really don't like shopping, especially more than once in a season. So, I got an idea. I'll sew! I can make some cute, elastic waist skirts. One pattern, several designs and fabrics. Cute, easy, inexpensive. When I lose weight I can just tighten the elastic.   


I found two patterns I really like, and the one above is even on sale! 



This one is only $3.99.  There's a fabric store that carries them less than a mile from here. 

So, I clicked on the link to look at a size chart and about went into shock.



Size 22-24?  But I wear an 18! This is not wishful thinking--all my clothes in 16-18 fit me!  So what's up with a 22-24?  

Just to feel better, I went to a local department store website and this is what I found:



Okay, now I wear an 18-20.  That's getting better.

But at a Woman's "plus size store" I found this chart: and I'm 16W.



Now, if I sew can I really follow their size chart?  Or will I end up with a huge skirt?  Oh the frustration!   I don't know what I will do now.  Make one, I guess, and play it by ear from there.

1 comment:

  1. I remember taking a sewing class and being told the only way to accurately make a clothing item to fit you is to purchase one of those manican thingys shaped to your size and then fit the pattern to it before sewing. SHEESH! I like your idea better... just sew the thing and see if it fits and make adjustments from there. Your "play it by ear" plan sounds like it is the best fit. :)

    ReplyDelete