My Weight Loss Progress

Sunday, February 10, 2013

Gaining Lost Ground


I'm gaining back a little bit of my sudden loss--and a good deal of my energy! A couple of days ago I read a verse of scripture that just hit me the right way and my anxiety was completely gone.  I was able to get on with my evening, and eat! And do several things that needed doing, including a couple of job applications.  The anxiety still comes back in bits and pieces but I give myself a reminder of whom I trust, and it is gone again.

Psalm 86:13*  For great is thy mercy toward me: and thou hast delivered my soul from the lowest hell.

Oh yeah, you've done it before, you can do it again now.  Lord I do trust thee with all this.  Please let me stop feeling this hell.  I sure can't do it myself.

And just like that, it was gone.  I still feel sadness, but not the overwhelming anxiety that was keeping me from even functioning.

Then there are two more verses that come a little later.
 15 But thou, O Lord, art a God full of compassion, and gracious, long suffering, and plenteous in mercy and truth.

 16 O turn unto me, and have mercy upon me; give thy strength unto thy servant, and save the son of thine handmaid.


Since it is a son I am stressing over, among other things like having to find a new job, those last verses were very comforting and a prayer I'll keep sending up.  

*Holy Bible, King James Version







No comments:

Post a Comment