My Weight Loss Progress

Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Dumpster Diving Dieter: How Low Will You Go?



In my last post I mentioned receiving a candy cane as a token gift.  What I didn't mention is that I did break off about 3/4 inch of it and eat it before tossing the remainder in the trash.

The next morning I got up to go to TOPS and as I headed out I realized I had terrible morning breath.  I thought of that candy cane and started digging through the trash for it.  Before you gag too much, let me explain that this was my home office trash, so it was mainly envelopes and papers I was digging through.  And the candy cane was wrapped.


Suddenly I pictured how this would look to an observer, and I stood up and walked away.  Am I so desperate for a bit of sugar that I dig through the trash looking for it?  Well, today, at least, I wasn't.  I went and found a piece of gum (not from the trash) and chewed that as I headed out the door for my weigh-in.

No comments:

Post a Comment