My Weight Loss Progress

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Conditioning for Success

"In all primates a confident posture is a self-fulfilling prophecy of success... It's also possible to condition yourself for success by starting with small victories and working upward." --Richard Coniff



It's out of context to use this quote for exercise, but I love it. It's the only way to succeed in exercise. Start out with small victories and gradually increase. However, we have to assume we will eventually be able to do great things--and that's what I've failed to do. I just plod along, fearing my health will never be good enough to do things like run or take long bike trips.

Time for an attitude adjustment; I need to keep my goals realistic, but  develop a bigger long-term picture.


1 comment:

  1. Yup. That's it exactly. You never know how strong your body is, how durable it is, until you try. You have nothing to lose! Try running. If it hurts, stop. Then try something else, like speed walking!

    We aren't ancient old crones yet, you and I, so let's pretend we're twenty and invincible! :)

    ReplyDelete