My Weight Loss Progress

Friday, July 1, 2011

When I Get Old

When I get old I want to be like the ladies I met today at water aerobics.  There were probably 30 women there, and one man, and not a one of them under 70 years old! Not a dark hair among them, except one obviously dyed lady!

That was the first thing I noticed, and at first it was a bit disappointing. We do tend to socialize with people in our same age/stage of life, don't we?

Then I decided to admire them and learn from them. Some of those old ladies are in better shape than me, that's for sure.  They are not sitting around doing nothing, but are actively taking care of themselves.

The instructor is also old, and she was telling us that a particular stretch was good for our

and there she stopped. She could not think of the word, and no one else seemed to know what it was either. Someone volunteered "circulation" but that didn't seem to be right.  She shrugged and said "I don't seem to have that either."  and on they went.  It was funny and touching at the same time.

The music was a great combination of 70's music, which means that it was probably the music their kids listened to (and they hated) but nobody complained.  I loved it!  "Dance to the Music"  "That's the way, uh-huh, uh-huh, I like it, uh-huh, uh-huh."  It was great fun.

And the workout? Let's just say it really was a full aerobics workout.  I was pretty impressed. I'll go back, but I may just have to put on my purple hat with my red swimsuit.


1 comment:

  1. What a fun post! And you are right... water aerobics is a good workout. Reading about your adventure makes me want to join a water aerobic class. I used to go workout at our pool at the condos where we live, but I haven't done that yet this season. I have to remember to leave enough energy to walk back up the hill and up the stairs to our condo because after working out in the water I always have "noodle" legs.

    ReplyDelete