My Weight Loss Progress

Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Commitment

C is for Commitment.

I've been doing a lot better at exercise since I made a commitment to it.  In fact, I reached a 25-mile goal today.  I think I will celebrate by getting new shoes at Running Wild, our local shoe store.

Celebrate!  There's another C.  

I've been having trouble with plantar fasciitis.  With my long feet, arches in shoes are never in quite the right place.  Hopefully at Running Wild they can help me to find a pair that is right.  I did get some insoles that help.  I think the manufacturers make a standard insole for shoes and then just lengthen it, not taking into consideration that if your feet are longer, the arch will be further forward than it is on people with shorter feet.  We're not even running, just walking, up to 2 miles at a time, and my heel gets so sore I can hardly walk for the rest of the day.  I'd like to do it tomorrow, because we are going to Chicago for the weekend, and I have no idea how much walking that may entail.

Cousins in Chicago!  

I'm going to see some cousins I have only met, like twice in my whole life, but they are lovely people, and I hope to have a really good visit with them.  One of them has a little boy named

Chase 

and they are having a birthday party for him.

There are lots of things to C! 

1 comment:

  1. Good for you for committing to exercise. You should see a podiatrist for your foot problems. He/she could really help you.

    Hope you have a great weekend in Chicago. Sat's temps in the 60's but showers are expected. Sunday in the 50's and some clouds.

    You asked about balloon rides at the Albuquerque Balloon Fiesta. Yes, they were offered, at about $200 a pop! Very expensive! We did NOT go on any rides!

    ReplyDelete