My Weight Loss Progress

Monday, April 8, 2013

G is for Grace

I visited with cousins in Chicago for the weekend.  These are not cousins I grew up with, but cousins I have met once or twice in my whole life, yet they accepted me warmly. They took my husband and me into their home for two days, invited us to their grandchild's birthday party, and catered to my food issues.  That is grace.

Their daughter, as it turns out, also has fibromyalgia, and she and her son generally eat both gluten-free and dairy-free.  She and her mom went shopping at Whole Foods, and then she came and cooked all sorts of things that I could eat.  I was so grateful for their kindness.  They even got me a gluten/dairy-free cupcake since I couldn't eat the birthday cake!  Chocolate!  I have to say, it was pretty tasty.  It's a good thing they only got one.

They came up with some chips that were really good, too.













And my new favorite salad dressing:


Organicville Herbes De Provence

Although at Food Renegade they examine the ingredients of a similar dressing (Organicville Olive Oil and Balsamic Vinaigrette) and reject it for not being as healthy as it claims to be, I found it delicious and still healthier than most things you will find on a grocery store shelf. Happily for me, they sent the extra home with me.  Yummy salad, here I come.  

No comments:

Post a Comment