My Weight Loss Progress

Friday, April 22, 2016

Wednesday Walk

This one walk provided material for several posts, if I am to keep them short.



There is a long and lovely bike/walking trail that winds through our cities and townships. On Wednesday we drove to one of the entry points and started off on a walk. Soon we discovered a small side path that went off the paved trail and was open only to walkers, not to bicycles. We headed down there, and my feet said thank you for getting them off the pavement. Even though the dirt is hard-packed it still felt better on  my feet. I'll post some pictures of that later, but for now I want to focus on an inspirational sculpture in the park there.

At the end of our walk, we detoured off to examine this sculpture, which we thought looked like a giant blue crookneck squash. From the distance it looks like it is created of mosaic tiles.

Sign near the sculpture, 
giving little explanation.


This picture gives perspective
on the size of the sculpture.


A closer view of the composition of the sculpture.

As we drew near, we could see that the outer surface is actually composed of 
plexiglass tags with writing on them.  They were fun to read. Some were serious, others joking or just drawings. There were several with words of wisdom.  I'll share others another day but my favorite is this one.

I'll just leave it here for now, and expound on it another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment