My Weight Loss Progress

Monday, April 26, 2010

Carrots vs. Candy

Have you ever noticed how many songs there are that include sweets? And how few about other foods? There are even bands called "Cake", "Hot Chocolate," "Carolina Chocolate Drops," "Vanilla Ice," and "Sweet." Not to mention "Fats Waller"

Some songs I thought of off the top of my head  (and with a little help from Google) are:
Good Ship Lollipop
How Sweet It Is (To be Loved by You)
The Candy Man
Sugar Sugar
American Honey
American Pie
Big Rock Candy Mountain
My Sweet Lord
That's the Kind of Sugar Papa Likes
Sugar Mama
Sweet Surrender
Sugar We're Going Down Swinging
Shake Shake Shake
Sweet Sixteen
Chocolate Rain
You Treat Me Like Chocolate
Brown Sugar
Does Your Chewing Gum Lose Its Flavor On The Bedpost
That's the Way the Cookie Crumbles
Playground in my Mind (I'm gonna buy me all kinds of candy...")
Shake, Rattle & Roll
Incense and Peppermints
Shortnin’ Bread
 
And then there's movies...Chocolat, Willie Wonka and The Chocolate Factory

But just for fun I tried to think of songs that mention healthy foods...

Who's in the Strawberry Patch with Sally?
Lemon Tree
California Raisins
One Bad Apple
Strawberry Fields Forever
Banana Boat Song (Day-O)
Bananas in Pajamas
Mares Eat Oats
Put the Lime in the Coconut
Eatin' Goober Peas
Tomato/Tomahto
Popcorn Popping on the Apricot Tree
Yes! We Have No Bananas
My Bologna (Weird Al)
Addicted to Spuds (Weird Al)
Peaches
Octopus's Garden
She'll Be Comin' 'Round the Mountain  

(We'll all have chicken and dumplings when she comes)
Jambalaya (Hank Williams)
Jambalaya (on the Bayou)
I Heard It Through the Grapevine
Way Down Yonder in the Pawpaw Patch
Here We Go 'Round the Mulberry Bush
The Joker (Really love your peaches...)



Then there's "Take Me Out to the Ball Game" ...Buy me some peanuts and Cracker Jacks
"Eat It" by Weird Al
"Breakfast in America"
"Breakfast at Tiffany's"
"Hey Good Lookin'" (What you got cookin'?)
"Food, Glorious Food" (Oliver)
Alice's Restaurant
Supper Time
One website says that "sugar" or "candy" in songs stands for sex. Maybe that's why there are so many songs about it! Now I don't just overeat, I'm a sex fiend!

Oh Good Gravy! This is all just a bit too much!





2 comments:

  1. love it! Thanks for the laugh this morning, and don't forget my favorite food song
    "Your love is better than Ice Cream!"
    I don't even wanna know what that says about me!?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool post! And good luck on your quest! you are looking great!

    ReplyDelete