My Weight Loss Progress

Sunday, April 25, 2010

Kick Boxing Anyone?

I went to a kick-boxing class--same instructor as the sculpting class I took earlier in the week. There were only two students there, "Betty" and me. And then Betty left. So I got another private lesson.

I seriously worked at it, until I was completely out of breath, and my face was turning beet red, which for some reason is my body's reaction to exercise. Then I quit. But I made it a half hour.

Betty is quite a bit heavier than me--I thought--until I saw us both in the mirror. Okay, she's 30 pounds heavier. Maybe. But our body shapes are not much different. And she's a dear woman, but I don't want to look like her. So I kept working, and stuck it out as long as I could.

I've decided I want to try Pilates anyway--why not? But for aerobics I will stick with Leslie Sansone for a while. Maybe in a few months I can try the faster aerobics again, as long as they don't involve too much jumping and dancing. I'm definitely not ready for Zumba.

I do like doing strength and flexibility things, like sculpting and yoga, at the gym. So I'll go there for that, and walk at home. And eventually, I will drop this body fat.

1 comment:

  1. Hi! Found you through Flab to Fab - GO YOU!!

    I, too, am barreling towards 50, and am trying to reclaim my body and be a Good Steward towards it as God calls us to be.

    I love Pilates - nice stretching and toning. My personal exercise of choice right now is running. I used to run (uh, like a quarter century ago!) and it's really, really hard to start up again. However, I'm determined!

    Angela Pea
    www.ktf-skinnyme.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete