My Weight Loss Progress

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Body Sculpting Class

I know why they call it sculpting! Because I feel like someone took a hammer and chisel to all my muscles!

Okay, I did a rare and unusual thing--I woke up--without an alarm clock--before six a.m. and went to the gym for this class. The other student there was a skinny young thing who made all the moves look easy. The instructor looks less than half my age and strong.

First, she's got out eight- and five-pound weights, and I go and get the lightest, 3's and 5's. I never touched the 5's. I did half the exercises with the motion and no weights at all. 

So, I couldn't do all the exercises. I did what I could and then watched. It's obvious I need this class! And some ibuprofen!

4 comments:

  1. Way to go! That's a good comparison..."like someone took a hammer and chisel" to your muscles. hahaha :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you... Personally, I hate gym classes. I may be a "young thing," but I certainly don't fit into that demographic... but I feel all the more out of place because I should fit in, you know? Anyway, kudos to you for going. You're awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know very many people who feel like they really belong in a gym. Even at your age, I always felt out of rhythm, out of shape, out of it generally. I hated PE and I think it warped me for life. Now I have a new mantra: at least I am here! I am doing it. Which is more than I can say for the people who aren't.

    If I get behind or I am weak, I can only change that by staying away or persisting. And I'm just getting stubborn I guess.

    Installing counter-tops and painting and mopping and lifting a baby are all resistance exercises too you know!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's so true! I'm totally feeling healthier. Granted, I don't really have my kitchen yet, so I'm not doing much cooking. Consequently, we're eating a lot of pizza and food out of boxes. Not terribly healthy, but I'm definitely feeling the exercise, and it's wonderful!

    I suppose my aversion to the gym is part of the reason I'm so big on having animals and land. It's built-in exercise! I love it!

    Again, good for you for going. That's absolutely fantastic.

    ReplyDelete