My Weight Loss Progress

Thursday, December 15, 2011

Holiday Party

Today was the annual faculty party for work.  They catered lunch, with our orders going in ahead of time. 

For appetizers there were several tasty choices that are on my okay foods list. Fresh cut up veggies, tender slices of perfectly cooked beef, in particular.  There was polenta which is probably okay but they put cheese on it.

The main choices were cornish hen or beef with mushrooms, so I chose the hen. It was safe and turned out to be delicious!  The vegetable was herbed green beans, and I'm pretty sure their idea of herbs was parsley, but it's low on my list so the few bites I took are probably okay.

The side dish was a choice of potatoes or wild rice. I had chosen rice, but you could see it swimming in parsley, so I ate the potatoes.  They were a little overdone but I was hungry.

They really didn't do dessert, except that for bonbons and truffles, so that wasn't a problem.  I saved my little bag of truffles for a stocking stuffer.

It was a lovely party!  It was so nice not to have to bring my own food this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment