My Weight Loss Progress

Tuesday, October 23, 2012

I perceive the elephant is very like a tree. Its massive thighs are just the size its waist should really be.


Have you ever heard the story of the blind men and the elephant?  It's told in poem form about several blind men who go to see an elephant. Each has a different impression based on the body part with which he comes in contact.  That's the reference in the title, and if you want to read it--it's really quite fun--you can follow the link I posted.

That's not what this post is really all about.  It's really about measuring.  I started, really started this time, my 12-week walking program, by measuring first thing Monday morning.

What I realized is that my thighs are exactly the size my waist was when I was in high school.  Not I realize that I can't be 16 or even 25 again, but there's really no excuse not to lose some of this.  I can at least tone up what I have.  So I am recommitting to my Integrity project, taking good care of my body, watching portions, etc.  It has taken a few weeks to get to this point, but we have to take one step at a time, and sometimes things go in fits and starts.

I refuse to be an elephant!  I am going to move forward to the new, healthy, slim me.  Just you watch!

1 comment: