My Weight Loss Progress

Friday, May 13, 2016

More Size Woes

I promised myself some new clothes when I reached my first goal of 22 pounds lost.

I went online and found some cute things at Blair.com. I checked out their sizing charts and also those at a couple of other stores. According to the measurements, I am still wearing the same size. What a disappointment!

However, my jeans are hanging loose. Certain shirts that were hugging my belly are now hanging loose, straight down like they should.

Perhaps the problem is not that I have not lost a size, but that I was wearing the previous size too tight?  It's just numbers, anyway, but if I am going to get something new, I so wanted to have it be a smaller size than everything else I have.

I think I need to drop in at a couple of local stores and try things on, just to see how sizes actually fit. Measurements don't always tell the whole story.  I looked at things at Dress Barn, but almost all their dresses are sleeveless, so I did not try anything on.  I was going to go to Cato, but I did not see anything online I like, and it's about a 45 minute drive to get there, so I am holding off on that one.

My daughter-in-law says "Blair" is "Blah" but they actually have some cute things this year, and they have things with sleeves! Maybe it's a rant for another day, but why do manufacturers think so many women want bare arms?  Especially plus size women?  I think it's far more attractive to cover up my arms and armpits!  

This is a pretty skirt,
in spite of the paisleys.
My husband likes this one,
but I'm not so sure.
It's kind of a crinkly fabric.


Not wild about the dark blue splotches.
Spiders? Handprints?  Palm trees?

I like this one. We both love the pink
but my husband dislikes the hem. 

This one is pretty; I like the cut but
not the color family used in it.

We both like this one but I kind of
wanted to get away from black.
Maybe I can get a colorful blouse,
and wear the shirt with other things.

I might get this skirt set in the fall; I love it
but definitely the wrong season.
Maybe I'll go down a size by then!

No comments:

Post a Comment