My Weight Loss Progress

Wednesday, June 8, 2016

Why the Braless Movement Didn't Last Long

I was commenting on an ad I saw for a foundation undergarment that is basically a corset. How glad I was to grow up in the 70's, a time of freeing our bodies from corsets and girdles. Who wears them now? I remember how glad my mother was when pantyhose came out so we girls did not have to wear girdles.  But they are back. Make them elastic, or put actual bones in them, they're still a girdle. My mom had garters on hers to fasten up her stockings.  No thank you!

I commented that I was, however, grateful that the bra-less movement didn't last long. My husband said it didn't last long because it had very little support.

I needed a good laugh today.

On another note, I went to the orthopedist today. I almost canceled the appointment, because I figured if I don't want to live on anti-inflammatory pills there wasn't much he could do for me. Then I though I'd better go, because maybe he'd consider how long this has gone one and have an alternative, or give me another steroid shot if I needed it. He spent less than five minutes with me, basically telling me that there is nothing more he can do for me. "If it only hurts when you kneel on it, don't kneel." Uh, gee, thanks, Doc.

He still says it is just arthritis, but it never hurt like that before I fell on it six months ago, so I think something is broken or moved out of place in there. I'm going to give it a while and consider a second opinion. I've got lots going on with the other doctor right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment