My Weight Loss Progress

Saturday, February 27, 2010

Livng in a Day of Instant Everything

We live in a day of instant everything. Cocoa--just pop it in the microwave! Want to get somewhere? Jump in a car or a jet and off you go. No more traveling for months just to move a few hundred miles. No washing diapers and hanging them on the line to dry even in freezing weather. Drive up to the bank--or better yet, put your paycheck on direct deposit. Send a letter and it arrives by e-mail in a few seconds. Pick up the phone and hear a voice from thousands of miles away--without even a cord. Maybe there's a few seconds delay, but that's it. It's amazing.

And then there's dieting, where we have to be patient with change. And I am so impatient with the process. I have exercised for 8 1/2 weeks, and followed the TOPS menu for one week, and I want to see change right now. I don't want to look in the mirror and still be fat! I don't want to go gradually down through the sizes until I am a 12 or a 10 again. I just want to be healthy and strong today. Right now. But no, when it comes to regaining my health I still have to do it the old-fashioned way. And I know that's good; I know it helps me build healthy habits. But it is still hard to be patient with the process.

No comments:

Post a Comment