My Weight Loss Progress

Friday, September 7, 2012

You'll Be Better at.....

In one of Leslie's videos, she is talking about the benefits of fitness.  She says you'll be a better mother, a better wife, a few other things.  She says you'll be a better...whatever.

I found it amusing because in today's lingo, or maybe it's yesterday's now (by my age you find the decades running together) "whatever" means more like "I don't care."  "Get a life!" 

Well, I guess what it really means it that you'll be better at getting a life.  And she doesn't really care; it's a video, right?  But I care, and my husband cares. In fact he is walking with me on the days we can schedule it together.


1 comment:

  1. You are right...that word has changed over the years. When I initially read the beginning of your post, my mind translated it with sarcasm, "Whatever."

    ReplyDelete