My Weight Loss Progress

Monday, March 16, 2009

What I Hate About Being Fat! #3--High Cholesterol


Today I'm definitely in caterpillar stage. My doctor's office called and said my cholesterol levels are really high. I can't remember the actual numbers, but she wants to put me on medication, Zocor I think. I want to look up the side effects first, but I also want to consider six months of diet and exercise and then get retested. I couldn't believe how much it had gone up over the last 18 months. I don't eat a lot of cholesterol-rich foods, but adding so much weight has surely contributed. My HDL was low, LDL high, but the total triglycerides was off the wall. I need to research it all and see what it all means.

She's going to mail me the report, so I can look up the actual number.

Caterpillar found at http://www.wildbritart.com/gallery/mini-beasts

No comments:

Post a Comment