My Weight Loss Progress

Saturday, March 26, 2016

Do I REALLY need to wear a helmet when I ride a bike?




Helmets can't save you from every accident. Nothing can. But they can save you from a lot of accidents, maybe even most of them. If I had been wearing one on Dec. 2, 1988, I might not be taking anti-seizure pills every day, twice a day, for the rest of my life. If I had been hit by a truck, I might be dead. But I wasn't hit by a truck. I fell off my bike.
--Lloyd Alter at treehugger.com

When I go into public schools to speak to children on behalf of ThinkFirst, I bring a Jell-O mold in the shape of the brain to impress them about the fragility of the brain. The brain is like Jell-O. You only get one. We have not learned how to regenerate the injured brain. Protect the one you’ve got! 
----Dr. Charles Tator, a brain surgeon and founder of Thinkfirst, at treehugger.com

No comments:

Post a Comment