My Weight Loss Progress

Thursday, March 10, 2016

Thoughts on Being Hungry



Panda from Deviant Art --
which apparently is not all deviant.

I like getting hungry.  I don't like to sit around and be hungry, but I like getting there. I like the feeling that my body has used up and processed all the food I have eaten.  I like the kind of growly rumbliness of a hungry tummy.

Until recently, it had been a long time since I'd felt that.  My body didn't even know how to regulate hunger and send off proper signals.  Once I started eating less at a time, and not eating until I felt hungry, my body started giving out those signals again.

Sometimes I still just get a headache or feel light-headed, but more and more often it's my tummy sending the signals, just as it did when I was a child, before it got all messed up with a lifetime of bad habits.

No comments:

Post a Comment