My Weight Loss Progress

Saturday, February 27, 2016

Busy Day Excuses?

Yesterday I had a busy day planned, taking a trip out of town to have lunch with my cousin, visit a young niece I've never met, and attend an LDS temple.  The day included at least 5-6 hours of driving.

Good part: I got up early and exercised. I gave myself a pass on journaling and blogging.  I figured temple attendance counted for scripture reading, and I could pray both at home and in the car, so that took care of my daily routine.  I had a pretty light lunch with my cousin and did not snack in the car. So, I'm good.

Bad part: We got home around midnight, spent too much money on dinner, and I stayed up until nearly 2 after we got home.

Good part:  At dinner, I asked for a box right away and put half my dinner in it. I will eat it in a little while. My husband did the same thing, so at least we will get two meals out of dinner.  I had water with lunch, turned down soda at my niece's home, and limited myself to one glass of lemonade at dinner, opting for ice water when it ran out.

Bad part: my niece's family has 3 dogs, a ferret, a snake, and some turtles. It didn't bother me too much at the time, but today I've definitely got allergy symptoms bothering me. I woke up with my face so puffy that my CPAP mask made deep indentations, and I'm very sore.

Good part: I got up today and did yoga anyway.

Bad part: I have struggled to do the rest of my daily routine, letting Facebook slip in ahead of things.

Good part: My church lesson for tomorrow is almost done, and other than that, this is the last part of my dailies.  If we just ignore the fact that it's almost 5 p.m., it's all good...

BEST PARTS:  We had a lovely lunch catching up with my cousin and her husband. We were lucky to catch her still in the area, because they are moving several hundred miles away soon.  We had fun getting to meet our niece, and seeing her father, whom we haven't seen for many years.  We also met her mom for the first time. Our niece posted on Facebook about meeting us and said she loved it!

Overall, a good day.


Columbus Ohio Temple at Night
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints

No comments:

Post a Comment