My Weight Loss Progress

Wednesday, January 20, 2016

A tiny little hiccup in our plans

My husband has an upset stomach, which has somehow manifested itself in hiccups. Did you ever try to sleep when you hiccup loudly and often?  Or try to sleep next to someone with the hiccups?  We both ended up staying up until about 5 a.m., at which time he gave up and went downstairs to watch TV.  I went to bed and didn't wake up until around 11 a.m.

Although I intended to get right into my daily routine, I took a few minutes out to find and print some information on hiccups from reliable websites for him.  The tiny slip was that I checked Facebook updates really quickly. I did not, however, read posts, so it was a slip, not a lapse into old habits. Still, it tells me I need to watch it and be extra disciplined for the next few days.

It also sounds like the hiccups are gone at last. If they last more than 48 hours, it's advisable to go to a doctor, but short-term hiccups are just a nuisance but probably nothing serious.

No comments:

Post a Comment