My Weight Loss Progress

Saturday, January 9, 2016

What's with all these animals doing yoga anyway?


Image from Pixabay.com

With my sore left wrist and sore right knee, yoga can get interesting at times. I modify, and then modify some more, but I am getting a little stronger.  

Downward Dog


Photo from Flickr, by Sarah Siblik.  License: Creative Commons

My version: Not even close, even if I put my weight on my fists instead of hands flat.
Photo from Flickr, by Mike Lewinski. License: Creative Commons

Plank  

By Kennguru, on Wikimedia. Photo and Licensing.


Me: On my elbows. Or just on the floor. 



Cat and Cow


Photo Credit: stylescrazy.com


Me:  I'm okay if put my weight toward my left knee and right hand. I probably list a bit.
CatChannel.com

Child's Pose

I can do it! The pressure is off of my knees, and my wrist stretched out, so it's easy. I'm sure I don't look as pretty as this girl: 


Photo by Anne Wu, Flickr.


However, you're just as likely to find me like this: 

Mary Cassatt, Little Girl in a Blue Armchair
I love Mary Cassatt's paintings.

Or this--now, that's a comfortable child!  Interestingly, this photo actually demonstrates a neck exercise.  

Asymmetrical tonic neck reflex

But hey, at least I'm stretching, right?  I've started following the "30 Days of Yoga" with Adriene.  I won't get done in 30 consecutive days, since I alternate it with a walking program and take Sundays off, but I just finished day 4. 


Adriene, Day 1

I figured out I can get YouTube with my Roku, so I can stream the videos to my TV without having to download them to a DVD.  The best part of it is that after the first two, there were no ads. I guess the advertisers figured nobody sticks with it. But I am!  Modified, yes, but I am doing something!

No comments:

Post a Comment