My Weight Loss Progress

Saturday, January 2, 2016

A Wake-up Call on the Airplane

Off to vacation--
we would try to travel on the busiest day of the year, only to have bad weather all over the countryside!  After one cancelled flight, and one long-delayed one, we managed to get seat assignments for a plane headed to New York, a quick stop on the way to our actual destination.  The gate attendant asked if we were okay with the emergency exit row, and we said that was fine.

What I didn't know was that in the emergency row, the center armrest does not come up. Not only that, both armrests are solid, allowing no room to sort of spread out from under. I squeezed into the seat, where I sat for a little over an hour, pinched on both sides. The seat belt was a little shorter than usual, and I barely got it buckled without asking for an extender. My husband appreciated that we had a little more leg room, but it did not do me much good since I couldn't move enough to stretch my legs into it and relax.

I vowed to lose weight right then and there, since I can see how much it is affecting my lifestyle.  I also vowed to avoid emergency exit rows until I've gone down at least one size.

No comments:

Post a Comment