My Weight Loss Progress

Thursday, January 28, 2016

You're never too old to learn something new !?!

I was chatting with my son on Facebook the other day, and he commented that he wanted to express something a short way, but Facebook does not have an interrobang.  What, I asked, is an interrobang? 

Well, it's a short way to write that thing we used to do when we were kids, or like I did above, exclamation marks and question marks in a row to indicate question, surprise, and excitement all at once.  My problem is that I never knew whether the exclamation marks or question marks come first. Now you can just use "‽" and it is covered.  What‽  Really‽ Why would you want to do that‽  Well, it seems like it could be really useful. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to work in this format either. I had to copy it from The World of Stuff. You can get the codes there too.

Now if I could just remember to use a single space instead of a double space at the end of a sentence, I would have it made. That was drilled into me so firmly in typing class that it's pure habit. If I do it here in my blog, it can leave an extra space at the beginning of a line. 

No comments:

Post a Comment