My Weight Loss Progress

Wednesday, January 6, 2016

You already have my life history and two copies of my social security number and my wedding license and now you want to know my weight?

Getting a driver's license in a new state is a hassle, but my most recent move really took the cake! (Watch out for those food expressions, folks! Now I want cake. Chocolate.)

To shorten a terribly long and boring story, it took me three trips to the BMV to get my driving license and register my car.  On the third trip I finally got to the step of taking the written test for the driving license. The first question had to do with the stopping distance of trucks!  I was sure I was going to fail, but the rest of them were quite a bit easier. (I looked up the stopping distance of trucks later and found out I actually answered it right.)



My first driver's test was in this kind of car, 1962 Chevrolet Bel Air.
Photo Credit

In our state, you don't find out your score. It's simply Pass/Fail.  Fortunately, I passed, thus saving a fourth trip.  Then came the dreaded 'mug shot' picture, and the question that would have been even more dreaded if I had not forgotten that they ask it.

So there I am, sitting next to my husband, and they ask the question.

How much do you weigh?

While I know what I look like, I have avoided giving my husband a specific number. I really did not want him to know the exact number, which incidentally is about 40 pounds more than he weighs.  I thought briefly of lying, but really?  Is it worth it to lie?  Besides, the shape of my body gives evidence of the lie, though I could have gotten away with ten pounds or so I suppose.

So now he knows. 

And you know what?  He has not said one word.  Not. one. word.  The shame is all in my head.

No comments:

Post a Comment