My Weight Loss Progress

Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Any great warrior is also a scholar, and a poet, and an artist. --Steven Seagal

powerful. you show off that chopped-off head, girl!
Link for credits



Today in yoga I managed to do one "downward dog." Just one, before I had to start babying my wrist again.  But hey, that's progress from three days ago!  Today's workout, 30 Days of Yoga, day 5, was a fairly short one, with several warrior poses. I could do them!  I thought about the significance of that. I am a warrior. I am fighting for my health, my strength, my very energy and quality of life.

Hangaku Gozen
I love the in the title above, because though I am still fighting depression and lack of energy, I can see progress. I suddenly started getting all sorts of great ideas for home decorating I want to do. I am beginning to open up the heart of an artist. I had to start making a list so I can pick a project and start on it instead of going in endless circles.

According to Google Translate, Hangaku Gozen (see picture at left) means "half the morning."  I think that's cool, the way it fits into my morning routine, which I am trying to narrow down to only half the morning. 

The following quote applies to my battle for fitness:

Jeanne d'Arc
I do what I do because it is the right thing to do. I am a warrior, and it is the way of the warrior to fight superior odds.  --Paul Watson  

It's not easy changing habits and health at my age, but it is the right thing to do for myself and possibly for my family. 

The next quote really reached my heart.  

“Whatever you are physically...male or female, strong or weak, ill or healthy--all those things matter less than what your heart contains. If you have the soul of a warrior, you are a warrior. All those other things, they are the glass that contains the lamp, but you are the light inside.” ― Cassandra ClareClockwork Angel

The light will shine brighter if the glass that contains it is clean and either unbroken or repaired.  I'm at repair stage myself. If you're reading this and you're young, please don't let yourself get into such a state of disrepair before you start mending and cleaning.  This is not the easy way, but I am a Warrior.


the truth about yoga for anti aging
Believe it or not--she was 95 years old and had been doing yoga for 75 years.

No comments:

Post a Comment